Basic Parts of a Handgun
Handguns work in a manner similar to rifles and shotguns. However, they are generally more compact than the other two types of firearms because their ease of use requires little training and heftier firepower is not required. Handguns are used by police forces, military units, and private citizens for self-defense. They are popular with many people because they are easy to use and available in several different models to suit virtually any situation. If you are considering purchasing or using a handgun, it is important that you know about the basic parts of a handgun.
- Front sight – The front sight is the first thing your eye looks at when you raise a gun to aim. That means it’s the most important component of your firearm. And it can be the most vulnerable. Carbon, dirt, and even oil can render your sight useless by building upon its edges. Keeping a front sight clean and functional can easily be overlooked until it’s too late.
- Barrel – Handgun barrels are important accessories. They come in many different lengths and bore diameters. Handgun barrels have a threaded end to accept a flash suppressor or muzzle brake. Some handgun barrels are straight, while others are designed for concealed carry and can be turned sideways for easy access. Handgun barrels also come in calibers specific to certain guns to make sure that they fit without adding stress.
- Bullet – Handgun bullets are typically made of lead, copper, brass, or steel. They have a jacket to prevent pieces of the soft metal from breaking off and getting lodged in the gun barrel. Sending a handgun bullet into the body causes hair-line fractures that let blood seep out. The movement of this blood can lead to pressure drops and temporary or permanent vision loss when blood gets into the eyes.
- Cartridge – Handgun cartridges are one of the least understood parts of a pistol. They come in two sizes: rimfire and centerfire, and have different names. The .22 Long Rifle is the most popular cartridge ever conceived. First made in 1871, it set the standard for all other .22-caliber rounds. With a muzzle velocity of 1,050 feet per second, therefore able to deliver relatively high amounts of energy to the target over moderate ranges.
- Firing pin – The Firing Pin is a useful tool for gun maintenance and should be used often. If you do not want to replace or remove the firing pin in your gun, this part can protect the firing pin from dry firing, filing, or damage. It also provides protection against pin indentation. For those who wish to shoot single action only, this firing pin keeps your gun ready at all times. When your handgun is not in use, keep the Firing Pin installed. This will prevent damage to the firing pin and your gun while it’s stored in a drawer or cabinet.
- Rear sight – The handgun rear sight is an adjustable rear sight designed for use with most handgun/rifle combinations. It features fully-adjustable precision windage and elevation, a serrated aperture, compatibility with standard base pin sizes, and long battery life.
- Hammer – The benefits of the handgun’s exposed hammer is that it allows the user to safely carry the firearm with a chambered round and the ability to fire. With no manual safety to complicate operation or get in the way, this enables the operator to concentrate fully on operating the firearm with a firm grip and proper stance. The trigger is long and smooth for better control. Plus, it offers low-felt recoil for enhanced accuracy and shooter comfort.
- Muzzle – The Handgun Muzzle was designed to protect the end of a handgun barrel from damage, and to protect your hands from hot barrels. It is easy to slip on, blocks out debris, and protects that smooth finish on your gun’s muzzle. Fits most handguns in standard holsters.
- Trigger guard – This trigger guard is molded to ensure the perfect fit for any handgun. It meets ATF requirements for handguns and is made of steel for strength, quality, and durability.
- Trigger – Handgun Trigger locks into trigger mechanism, allowing you to safely dry fire and practice drawing from a holster without the danger of an accidental discharge. Perfect for training in all weather conditions, your safety can never be compromised with this innovative new product.
- Magazine – The use of a magazine in a gun allows people to shoot the gun. The magazine has bullets that people shoot their guns with. If a person uses a gun without a magazine then they cannot shoot it. If you are not sure what your batteries are for or where they go then see your manual.
- Grip – Applying a grip on a gun is important as it makes the grip of a gun more firm. A firm grip on a gun helps you to use it steadily. As we all know that guns need to hold in hands firmly and steadily, so having a grip on them along with the rest of the parts of guns is important. When it comes to the use of guns, their use with a handle becomes extremely useful. The shield comes in different sizes and shapes that differ from one another as well.